Access to the Web and other information technologies may be more critical for people with disabilities, who cannot easily access traditional information formats (e.g., print media by the visually impaired, auditory media by the hearing impaired and the mobility impaired who cannot hold print materials, pens/pencils or interact with other communications media). As an equal opportunity educator and employer, and in compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Northampton Community College is committed to the implementation of this policy to help ensure that all individuals have access to information technology associated with administration and services, courses of instruction, departmental programs, and college-sponsored activities. Northampton Community College is dedicated to the World Wide Web Consortium's standard: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and the practice of Universal Design in Education.
Northampton Community College is committed to providing equal access to information technology, services, and the environments in which information technology is used. All divisions, departments and personnel of OG真人官网 are expected to:
- Use web page design standards that improve accessibility for all, including those with disabilities.
- Use hardware and software products and accessible materials that promote equal access to information.
- Design and implement learning and work environments that accommodate all users.
Undue Burden and Non-availability:
The following circumstances may qualify as exemptions from this policy:
- Extreme difficulty or expense (Undue Burden).
- Hardware and software tools specific to an educational program or institutional process in which no member of the program or institution requires accessibility accommodations.
- Hardware or software for which no equivalent accessible option is available (non-availability).