Visas and Arriving in the U.S
Obtaining Your F-1 Student Visa
- Once you have received your acceptance package and Form I-20 in the mail, please read the materials carefully and review all documents for accuracy.
- Complete Form I-901 and pay the SEVIS fee. For detailed instructions, visit the Study in the States website.
- Apply for your student visa. Visit the U.S. Department of State website to review detailed instructions on applying for an F-1 Visa.
- Once you have received your visa, please review it for accuracy and notify International Student Services by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arriving in the U.S.
- Plan your arrival date so that you arrive in the United States after the “Earliest Admission Date” listed on your Form I-20.
- Keep your original immigration documents with you while traveling to enter the United States, including your passport, student visa, I-20 or DS-2019, OG真人官网 acceptance letter, and financial information showing proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses.
- Present your original immigration documents to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agent upon your arrival. Having all immigration documentation and being prepared to enter the United States can help you to avoid a secondary inspection.
- If you are admitted to the United States, you will receive an admission stamp in your passport.